This Raleigh fixer-upper was purchased at auction using a private lender. Actual construction time took a little over 4 weeks. Although, I believe we could have done this faster, there were several hiccups along the way, including a leaking HVAC, a mistake with the hardwood floor repair, a backorder on the carpet selection where we had to switch vendors last minute, and a delay in the installation of the frameless glass shower door. But in the end, it all came together.
Purchase Price: $201,104.
List Price: $299,000
Status: Under Contract
- Repairing drywall damage
- New Paint and Carpet throughout
- Replacing light fixtures as needed.
- Adding cabinet hardware
- Painting the built-ins and moldings in the den – white
- Installing granite / quartz in all the bathrooms
- Installing new stainless steel dishwasher, microwave, and kitchen faucet
- Renovating the Master Shower with framless glass door
- Giving the back porch a facelift
- Repairing exterior siding and trim
- Ensuring the HVAC is in good working order – or replacing the HVAC
- Replacing plumbing fixtures as needed
- Removing the banister separating the kitchen and den
- Repairing/Refinishing/Restaining the hardwood floors
- Restaining the back deck
You can walk through the kitchen, den and the see the whole downstairs layout on our YouTube channel, here
After Construction Pictures, the finished product: